Thursday, February 28, 2013

H4 Dependent Visa for Child less then 14 years Old

I was applying for H1B Stamping along with H4 stamping for Wife and Kid. As my kid was 6 years old, I checked with US consulate if its required to bring him for the Stamping. Below was the reply from US Consulate support regarding stamping for H4 Dependent less then 14 years old

We understand that you would like to know if you need to bring the child for the OFC and the visa interview.
With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, children below 14 years are not required to be present for both the interviews. However, parents may submit the below mentioned documents of the child when they appear for their OFC interview.
1. Child's Passport.
2. Child's DS-160 confirmation page.
3. Visa fee receipt.
4. Appointment letter.
5. Photograph taken within last six months. 


Actual process for H4 Dependent stamping at Mumbai consulate for Child less then 14 years old:
Based on my experience for H1B stamping below is the process
OFC:
1. Once security check is done, at the entrance officer requires
        1. Appointment letter
        2. DS-160 for myself, Wife and Child
        3. 1 photograph for Child
        4. Original passports
    On kids DS160 the officer stapled the kids photograph and after verification gave me the
    documents back.
2. Two tokens were issued by security guard at entrance of the waiting room one for wife and other
    for myself.
3. Once my token was called I went to the corresponding window and submitted the DS-160 for
     myself and kid, appointment letter and passports. Officer asked me why I haven't bought the
    child,    I told him that it was not required as he is 6 years old. He asked me the child's name. My
    fingerprinting was done and Photograph was taken. For child the officer took digital photo from
    the Photo stapled on the child DS-160.
4. DS-160 was stamped as proof of fingerprinting, also sticker was pasted on my and child passport.

Interview:
1. Inside the consulate at token window submitted the child passport along with myself and wife's
    passport. A single token is issued for the family.
2. At fingerprint verification submitted all the three passports. Fingerprints verified for me and wife.
3. At the VO windows once my token was called, I submitted passports for all of us to the VO.
4. VO might ask questions related to your child to you/wife and its done.

So all you have to do is submit the child documents along with you at each window.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this information, its useful. I too have something worth sharing about cheapest 4 bhk flat in noida extension

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apex The Kremlin Indirapuram is offering 2, 3 & 4 BHK premium residential apartments ranging from 998 to 1830 square feet. For more information please visit on http://apex-thekremlin.com/

    ReplyDelete